My Blog List

Always, Always Reading Books, Recipes, and Life Kitschy Witch The Herb Gardener

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Farm Animal Baby Lap Time!

I had so much fun having baby lap time at the Covenant House/The ARC in Washington, DC! Today's theme was farm animals and I read two board books.
Because I had a small group of seven babies I was able to read Farm by Charlie Gardner and give each of the babies a chance to feel all of the textures: the soft fluffy ducklings, the hairy goats, sheep with woolly fleece, pigs with pink shiny skin, horses with shiny silver buckets, and more! All of the babies loved this book.
I didn't read the next book Old MacDonald Had a Farm by James Dean, instead I sang the book along with the babies and their caregivers! In this revised version of Old MacDonald had a farm by James Dean, Pete the Cat sings the traditional verses and adds a few verses of his own. Everybody loved this book!
The rest of the baby lap time consisted of songs, rhymes, bounces and finger plays.
Because they were teaching the babies about farm animals, I left the following board books for them to read together:
Barnyard Banter by Denise Fleming
Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker
How kind! by Mary Murphy
Farm by James Brown
Baby cheep! cheep! by Dawn Sirett

No comments:

Post a Comment